Yesterday was “National Love Your Pet Day” and I was too busy celebrating the day with my fine felines to post about it (and it was another day full of things to do) so I’ll catch up today with some fun results from a study I’ve recently read about. I’m sure we can all find ourselves somewhere in this study.
Around Valentine’s Day the 2015 “Love Your Pet” nationwide survey asked more than 2,000 pet owners to share how they cared for and felt about their cats and dogs. The survey results showed that, on Valentine’s Day, pet owners:
- are far more likely to buy a gift for their pet (69%) than for their significant other or spouse (61%), their kids (42%), friends (10%) or co-workers (3%)
- if given the choice, most pet owners would prefer to stay home on Valentine’s Day and cuddle with their pet (63%) than go on a romantic date with their significant other or spouse (35%)
In many ways, pets are far more easier to please, so why not?
A few other things the survey found:
- More than 60% of pet owners say that their pet sleeps in bed with them.
- Nearly 83% of pet owners say that they receive the most unconditional love from their pet, vs. their significant other or spouse (9%), their kids (7%), or their best friend (1%).
- More than 80% of pet owners say their pet gets more kisses on a daily basis than their significant other.
- More than 83% of pet owners say that their pet is better at cuddling than their significant other.
- 73% of pet owners consider their pet to be a “Sweet Angel” vs. a “Little Devil” (27%).
- 47% of pet owners selected “soul mates” as the best way to describe their relationship with their pet.
The survey was sponsored by VetIQ®, which markets a line of pet prescription medications, flea & tick preventives and other health and wellness supplements for pets.
“Today more than ever, we know that pets are treated as members of the family,” said Glen Moore, vice president of marketing for VetIQ. “We wanted to get a pulse on how owners really feel with a fun Valentine’s Day-themed survey and the results confirm that pets are also a very important source of friendship and love for their owners!”.
. . . . . . .
“I’m ready for our nap.”
All images used on this site are copyrighted to Bernadette E. Kazmarski unless otherwise noted and may not be used without my written permission. Please ask if you are interested in using one in a print or internet publication. If you are interested in purchasing a print of this image or a product including this image, check my Etsy shop or Fine Art America profile to see if I have it available already. If you don’t find it there, visit Ordering Custom Artwork for more information on a custom greeting card, print or other item.
Do you appreciate the stories and images we offer you each day?