I like to try to sketch action shots sometimes, though I end up finishing them from my imagination or from a photo I shot of the scene. With this, I drew Mimi’s outline first and finished her later from a photo, then drew Giuseppe behind, though he had changed position, especially his ears, quite a bit from start to finish. For all the simple postures here, it was frighteningly difficult to capture quickly.
In all, I wonder what each is thinking? About the mousie? About what I’m doing? Mimi wanted me to come upstairs to the studio so she could sit on my lap, and she twirled around at the top of the stairs for quite a while. Giuseppe, I think, was waiting for something to happen so he could do that, whatever it was.
What was I sketching a year ago today?
One of the first of this style of sketches, and one that got me thinking about making products imprinted with my sketches!
Announcing the 2013 BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose Awards!
An awful lot of bloggers bring you an awful lot of information and entertainment each day.
If you enjoy what you read, here’s a way to thank them all!
You have the chance to nominate your favorite blogs in 12 different categories, and a panel of professionals judge the finalists you’ve chosen.
The categories are:
- Best Blog Design: judged on overall design elements of the blog homepage/landing page.
- Best Blog Writing: judged on overall writing skill – is the message clear to the reader? Is the writing well-done? Is the blog post free of errors?
- Best Humor Blog: judged on overall sense of humor – does it make us laugh?
- Best Bark Blog: judged on the content as it applies to dogs and dog parents.
- Best Meow Blog: judged on the content as it applies to cats and cat parents.
- Best Wiggle Blog: judged on focus of blog toward non-traditional pets (i.e. ferrets, guinea pigs, chickens, etc.)
- Best New Blog: less than one year old, with good content and engagement.
- Best Cause Blog: judged on message, purpose and results as demonstrated on the blog.
- Best Video on a Blog: judged independently (one video per blog); is it well done, focused, creative and purposeful?
- Best Photo on a Blog: judged independently (one photo per blog); is it well done, focused, creative and purposeful?
- Best Facebook Design: judged on overall design of Facebook header and use of special Facebook page features.
- Best Twitter Design: judged on overall design elements for Twitter profile background.
I have my favorites who I read each day! I’m sure you do too, so click on over to BlogPaws, read the information, and vote!
It’s one way we can thank them for providing quality content we enjoy reading, day in and day out.
Here is the information you will need about The Creative Cat:
Blog Homepage: www.TheCreativeCat.net
Contact Name for Blog Owner: Bernadette Kazmarski
Contact Email for the Blog Owner: [email protected]
As part of the nomination you are requested to explain in a few sentences why you’ve chosen your nominee.
Click here to go to the nomination page.
Mimi and her Fantastic Four children, as well as Cookie and Kelly, and Peaches and Namir and all the members of my feline household, and all the kitties whose stories you’ve shared and who’ve found homes through our readers thank you, even if we are not your nominee, because you help all of us.
Browse some rescued cats and kittens!
All images used on this site are copyrighted to Bernadette E. Kazmarski unless otherwise noted and may not be used without my written permission. Please ask if you are interested in using one in a print or internet publication. If you are interested in purchasing a print of this image or a product including this image, check my Etsy shop or Fine Art America profile to see if I have it available already. If you don’t find it there, visit Ordering Custom Artwork for more information on a custom greeting card, print or other item.