I’ve maintained a resource page on this site that began with a simple listing of low-cost spay and neuter opportunities around Pittsburgh. Over the past year I’ve added to it and deleted as links have come and gone, but many are apparently pretty permanent. I’ve had quite a few views to this page even without promoting it so I’m convinced it’s a valuable asset. I’ve featured Lakota in his carrier at the vet because, well, why not?
The list of resources for pet owners in Pittsburgh and beyond is drawn from my own needs and the needs of many who have asked questions of me, and discussions with cat rescuers, dog rescuers and pet lovers no matter the issue.
I’ve included links to the following topics:
- Pittsburgh-area low-cost spay and neuter programs for pets as well as TNR for community cats
- National low-cost spay and neuter programs for pets as well as TNR for community cats searchable on the internet
- Pittsburgh-area after-hours emergency care
- National/international help with veterinary bills
- Pittsburgh-area pet-friendly rentals
- Pet-friendly rentals across the US
- Animal cruelty laws by state
- Links to Pittsburgh-area shelters for adoption and other services
- Links to online shelters for adoption
- Pet loss
I will continue adding to it and keeping links updated. Please share links with me so that I can add them to the page.
Rather than post the information here, I’ll just add a link to the page—updates will be much easier that way!
Browse some rescued cats and kittens!
All images used on this site are copyrighted to Bernadette E. Kazmarski unless otherwise noted and may not be used without my written permission. Please ask if you are interested in using one in a print or internet publication. If you are interested in purchasing a print of this image or a product including this image, check my Etsy shop or Fine Art America profile to see if I have it available already. If you don’t find it there, visit Ordering Custom Artwork for more information on a custom greeting card, print or other item.
Do you appreciate the stories and images we offer you each day?