I so loved the photo, “Divine Spark”, which I posted for Wordless Wednesday, but there were 16 shots, all interesting and the choice was darned difficult! I decided to choose another to feature tonight, and decided instead to do a little animated GIF slideshow of them all.
And here is the thing I want others to think about in capturing a photograph, whether it’s your cats or your family or your garden or whatever: always have your camera ready, and also be aware of interesting scenes. In this case it was less than an hour after Morning Mousie Mayhem and the Four Housecats of the Apocalypse were still prowling around and acting up, even though the mousie was moved to the back yard and they had had breakfast. But the day was brightening, a hazy early morning turning sunny, and the cats were very animated so I carried my camera on purpose.
I was putting on my tights, sitting on the only seat in the bathroom and noticed Giuseppe’s shadow. I love shadow photography, whether it’s cats or flowers or tree branches, I love the silhouette of a familiar subject in various colors and degrees of opacity. So I quit with the tights and got my camera, snapping photos while Giuseppe looked around the room and out the window, as he does when he sits on the sink. When he sat still, I held that big DSLR in my right hand as steadily as possible and reached my left hand way over my head, reaching for him so he’d start to move around again, then I thought I’d pet him.
Then the sun went behind a big cloud and there was no shadow at all, and I took the opportunity to remove that annoying speck of white primer that’s been in the middle of that panel in the door for about three years and gets in the way of all the shadows cast on that door! Then the sun came out in full force and the soft shadows changed to clear and contrasty shadows.
This slideshow is an animated GIF so you can’t stop it or slow it down. Each of the images appears for two seconds then moves on; the last image sits for five seconds so you know it’s the end, then it starts over.
I have names for most of them, but they are all “Shadow Kitties”. I numbered them in the upper left, so if there’s one that’s your favorite let me know!
Announcing the 2013 BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose Awards!
An awful lot of bloggers bring you an awful lot of information and entertainment each day.
If you enjoy what you read, here’s a way to thank them all!
You have the chance to nominate your favorite blogs in 12 different categories, and a panel of professionals judge the finalists you’ve chosen.
The categories are:
- Best Blog Design: judged on overall design elements of the blog homepage/landing page.
- Best Blog Writing: judged on overall writing skill – is the message clear to the reader? Is the writing well-done? Is the blog post free of errors?
- Best Humor Blog: judged on overall sense of humor – does it make us laugh?
- Best Bark Blog: judged on the content as it applies to dogs and dog parents.
- Best Meow Blog: judged on the content as it applies to cats and cat parents.
- Best Wiggle Blog: judged on focus of blog toward non-traditional pets (i.e. ferrets, guinea pigs, chickens, etc.)
- Best New Blog: less than one year old, with good content and engagement.
- Best Cause Blog: judged on message, purpose and results as demonstrated on the blog.
- Best Video on a Blog: judged independently (one video per blog); is it well done, focused, creative and purposeful?
- Best Photo on a Blog: judged independently (one photo per blog); is it well done, focused, creative and purposeful?
- Best Facebook Design: judged on overall design of Facebook header and use of special Facebook page features.
- Best Twitter Design: judged on overall design elements for Twitter profile background.
I have my favorites who I read each day! I’m sure you do too, so click on over to BlogPaws, read the information, and vote!
It’s one way we can thank them for providing quality content we enjoy reading, day in and day out.
Here is the information you will need about The Creative Cat:
Blog Homepage: www.TheCreativeCat.net
Contact Name for Blog Owner: Bernadette Kazmarski
Contact Email for the Blog Owner: firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the nomination you are requested to explain in a few sentences why you’ve chosen your nominee.
Click here to go to the nomination page.
Mimi and her Fantastic Four children, as well as Cookie and Kelly, and Peaches and Namir and all the members of my feline household, and all the kitties whose stories you’ve shared and who’ve found homes through our readers thank you, even if we are not your nominee, because you help all of us.
Browse some rescued cats and kittens!
All images used on this site are copyrighted to Bernadette E. Kazmarski unless otherwise noted and may not be used without my written permission. Please ask if you are interested in using one in a print or internet publication. If you are interested in purchasing a print of this image or a product including this image, check my Etsy shop or Fine Art America profile to see if I have it available already. If you don’t find it there, visit Ordering Custom Artwork for more information on a custom greeting card, print or other item.